Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Some Sights From Diyungmukh


Sunrise as seen across the river at Diyungmukh

Floss flowers bloom in the foreground
 I haven't been able to blog as regularly as before but i'd like to share some of the pictures taken on a recent trip to a place called Diyungmukh. It's a four-hour-drive from where I live and where the river Kopili has some of the most beautiful stretches. During this season, one of the most invasive weeds of our region blooms prolifically. There are endless stretches of pale blue floss flowers on both sides of the road, on the edges of fields, and of course on  the river bank as well.
The blooms are attractive to butterflies. I found a female Leopard Lacewing butterfly feeding on a cluster of these blooms. 
And here's a male Leopard Lacewing butterfly resting on a lantana leaf-- another weed commonly found in our area. 

A green snake. Not a common sight and certainly a first-time photo-op for me.
I found a flock of chestnut-tailed starlings perched high up on this tall tree. My camera isn't good enough to get really clear shots but I'm happy I got these blue-beaked darlings huddled together.
A flock of chestnut-tailed starlings

Thank you for stopping by today. May this New Year bring you peace and happiness!

I'm linking up to Michelle's Nature Notes.

13 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great captures for the day! I love the butterflies!! Hope your week is going well! Enjoy!

Wilma said...

Diyungmukh looks magical in the morning mist. Always a treat to see your photos.

eileeninmd said...

What a pretty place, the butterflies are beautiful. And the snake is cool. The birds are so cute huddled together. Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing your nature scenes.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Looks like a great day for photographing! The Lacewings are so pretty.

ShySongbird said...

Hi Kanak :-) How nice to see you posting again and what a lovely post it is with beautiful photos! I loved those very pretty butterflies which are new to me and the gorgeous snake and then I came to those sweet birds all snuggled up together, just delightful!

We have a temperature this afternoon of -4C and very heavy frost and fog and there is still some snow on the ground from a couple of days ago with more to come which is expected to be disruptive! Oh, for your warmth and butterflies :-)

Andrea said...

hello Kanak, i always forget that you have this other site, like me I have two sites already. I am more familiar with your butterflies, but this is the first time to see birds like that huddling so close to be warm. It is so cute!

Rambling Woods said...

Hello Kanak...lovely to have brought some summertime photos to Nature Notes..it made me smile..even the snake... Michelle

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The starlings so snug together is the sweetest! What an amazing place. Thanks for sharing. Happy New year!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh my gosh I love that Leopard Lacewing!!! So beautiful!

jd said...

looks great , I need your help plz do send me your email id on this ..jdsyednme@gmail.com

A. said...

wow! these pictures look great. the landscapes are serene, the butterflies simply gorgeous, the snake is quite stunning with its green sheen and the birds are awefully cute! wonderful set of photos!

Unknown said...

hi, congratulations nicely written blog and beautiful photographs of butterflies...but the birds aren't Chestnut-tailed Starlings, that's a flock of Ashy Woodswallow.

Anonymous said...

Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com